You’re Ready to Feel Better
For each person, there is a sweet spot of feeling the best you possibly can.
We live in a culture, where people are conditioned to expect aches and pains in life, so when you feel chronically tired, your stress levels are high, or your knees start to hurt, you think that’s just the way it is going to be.
The truth is that you don’t have to settle for feeling tired, run down, or overwhelmed, and you don’t have to settle for feeling average. For each of us there is a best that we can feel, and I guarantee that is better than you imagine.
I’m Dr. Samantha, a licensed Naturopathic Physician and Acupuncturist and owner of Evergreen Natural Health Center in Portland, Oregon.
It’s my job to help you figure out where you need to put your efforts to wake up every morning feeling vital and healthy. I work with clients around the globe on health and lifestyle concerns that are negatively impacting your life.
As a practitioner of both Eastern and Western medicine, with twenty years in primary care practice, I know without a doubt that true wellness is within your reach if you know what you need to do to get there.
And while the roadmap to your own best mental, physical and emotional health looks different for everyone, here’s what I can tell you for sure:
It’s not about treating symptoms or diseases – it’s about figuring out what things you have control over so you can live your life with the vitality and health you crave.
My clients come to me because they’re looking for a guide that takes a holistic view of health. You’re a person, not a chart of symptoms. Your health plan needs to not only take into account your symptoms and diagnosis but also should line up with your personal goals and values.
- You feel like you’re doing all the right things, but you’re still feeling stressed out and less than your very best? We’ll get the the root of the problem.
- You have a hard time getting enough sleep, because you only get time to yourself after the kids are in bed? We’ll take a look at what’s realistic and worthwhile to YOU before making a plan of action.
- You have a diagnosis of high blood pressure, and you’re wondering if there’s an alternative to being on meds for the rest of your life? Let’s find out.
- You want to lose weight, but you’re not willing to give up chocolate? We can work with that (as a matter of fact, I'll tell you food isn't bad and if you love chocolate it should be part of your life, period.)
As an integrative physician, I am in a position to guide you safely and effectively. Some alternative providers believe that you should never be on medication, but as far as I’m concerned, there are times a medication is the best and least harmful route. Other times there are relatively simple lifestyle and dietary changes that will ultimately resolve your concerns. Or it may be a combination of approaches that work best. It’s about what is right for you.
Through virtual consults, I’m able to work with you no matter where you’re located, in the comfort of your own home.
Here’s what you can expect from your first appointment:
Before we meet, I review your medical records and lab.
In a 1-hour call, we review your medical history, current concerns, values around your health and current health goals and priorities. We’ll do a complete assessment together to get a complete picture of your overall health and wellbeing.
But what makes working with me different than what you’ve likely experienced before is that I go 3 steps further.
We also get clear about:
- What you can control and what you can’t.
- Your values and how you want to feel on a day-to-day basis.
- What changes fit into your lifestyle and bandwidth with the least effort and best results.
With this 360 degree view of you as a whole person, we create your personal plan of action.
What I won’t do is present you with a laundry list of things you cannot eat or supplements you must take. Instead, I work with you individually to educate not only about what I think is going on in your body, but about what options you might have to meet your goals.
Although by virtual (online) consult, I can’t diagnose a medical condition or prescribe medications, I can offer a fresh perspective and a game plan for envisioning and creating the best health that you’re capable of achieving.
There are no formulas I follow because let’s face it, no two people are exactly the same, even with the same medical diagnosis. It is my job to use a combination of knowledge, experience and intuition along with an understanding of your individual health concerns and values to offer an approach that is truly unique to you.
In my virtual consults, I help people address concerns such as:
- What supplements should I take?
- Has my doctor done enough to figure out why I’m so tired?
- There are so many opinions out there about what you should eat. What’s the right diet for me?
- Why can’t I lose weight?
- People tell me it’s normal to be tired when you’re a mom, entrepreneur, etc… but I’m ready for a new normal.
- I feel like all my doctor gives me is medication. I don’t want to be dependent on meds, I want to feel better. Can you help me figure out another way?
- I want out of the box ideas.
- My doctor’s appointments feel rushed, I want to take more time with my health.
Following our first session together, you get specific recommendations on actions you can take immediately that get you on the path towards better health.
I’ll also provide you with a recommendation for next steps (if needed) based on your specific goals and desires. I tailor make a plan for you so we can get to the bottom of your concerns rather than just putting a band-aid on your symptoms.
With my guidance, creating a healthy lifestyle is well within your reach.
If you have questions about the sessions or what an investment would look like for you, check out the FAQs below. If you have a question that's not covered by the FAQ or you want to ask about your situation specifically, please feel free to contact me. I’d be more than happy to chat with you briefly about your health goals, and how we might be able to reach them together.
Here is your next step:
Get Personalized Care from Anywhere
If you know you want to work with me, you can book an initial visit now. Your investment is $300 and includes my pre-consult review of your medical records (up to 30 pages), our hour together and recommendations on the steps I would consider to be the best approach to meet your needs.
For some clients, this session is all you need. Some clients want general advice, while others want ongoing care to really get to the root of their issues. Whatever your needs and goals are, we will work together to come up with a plan that fits into your lifestyle and budget. Follow-up consults are billed at my hourly rate of $300 and are typically 30-45 minutes.