Add more energy to your life every day!
Get my 7 most recommended energy-infusing practices delivered to your inbox, FREE.
Dr. Samantha Brody is a licensed Naturopathic Physician and acupuncturist and the owner and founder of Evergreen Natural Health Center in Portland, Oregon. She earned her doctoral degree in Naturopathic Medicine in 1996 and her Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine in 2001 from the National College of Natural Medicine. In her general medical practice Dr. Samantha has an emphasis on empowering patients to make changes that are in alignment with their health values and goals. A skilled diagnostician, she finds answers by looking at the whole picture, instead of simply at a symptom.
Her technique as physician is to educate, present choices, and then empower patients to find their unique path to health. She is both a health educator and coach who can help introduce patients to new ways of caring for themselves.
Dr. Samantha has been a featured expert in publications and on sites such as the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Shape, Livestrong, The LA Times, Natural Living Today, For Women First, Prevention Health Books and the Metro Parent. She has been published in Bottom Line Newsletters, Thompson Reuters AltMedDex, written a monthly column, “Ask Dr. Samantha,”; and published in numerous newsletters. Her blog can be found here and is updated regularly with articles, health news, recipes and opinions on current health trends.
She has been a consultant on dietary supplement development and products for mass-market companies such as Emerita, Nutrition Now, Diamond foods and Warner Lambert. With Emerita she traveled extensively as a subject matter expert speaking to groups about women’s hormones. Since moving into full-time private practice she has spoken on a wide range of topics to both professional and lay audiences across the globe, including conferences such as the World Domination Summit and What If, as well over a hundred other venues including classes for nurses and educators at Yale New Haven hospital. Her focus over the last five years has been on new ways to approach and dismantle stress in our everyday lives.
She is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the Endocrine Society, and the North American Menopause Society.
Dr. Brody lives with her husband and ten-year-old son in Portland, Oregon.
- Received doctoral degree in Naturopathic Medicine (ND) from The National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR.
- Licensed to practice primary care medicine in the State of Oregon.
- Training in clinical nutrition, homeopathy, herbal medicine, physical medicine, natural childbirth, exercise therapy, minor surgery, pharmacology, gynecology, hydrotherapy, health education, counseling and stress management. (See complete details on Naturopathic Medical Training.)
- Received Masters in Oriental Medicine at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine Classical Chinese Medicine Program.
- Licensed to practice acupuncture in the State of Oregon.
- Mt. Holyoke College, Holyoke Community College, Portland Community College, and Reed College
- B.A. in Psychology and Women’s Studies from Hampshire College in Amherst, MA
- Training in Massage Therapy and Body/Mind Therapies.
- Extensive writing and lecturing for both professional and lay audiences across the country.
- Consulting on product development for nutritional supplement companies.