Add more energy to your life every day!
Get my 7 most recommended energy-infusing practices delivered to your inbox, FREE.
I’m a big fan of halibut. It can be a little spendy so I tend to buy it for special occasions. But this week, my husband went shopping as I’m a bit socked in at work. And he came home with halibut. Please note, I’m not complaining, the only question I had was how to prepare it. We chose a coconut lime marinade, which it turned out my kid didn’t go for. So veggie burger for him, and more halibut for us!
This is a yummy recipe and a very quick prep and cook. Start to finish 20 minutes. We served it with sautéed spinach and quinoa. I’d say start the quinoa first and sauté the spinach while the fish is cooking. I like to add fresh garlic to the spinach for a little extra flavor. Easy as could be.
- 1.5 lbs halibut
- 3 TBSP garbanzo flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp ground corriander
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut halibut into 4 equal pieces
- Dredge halibut in flour
- Mix coconut milk, lime, garlic, and spices and pour into baking dish
- Add halibut and then turn to coat in liquid
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10-15 minutes until just barely cooked through (it will continue to cook a little bit when you take it out so keep a close eye on it)
Serve over quinoa and sauteed spinach
Sprinkle basil over fish
We’ve also had this over chick pea pancakes. I’m trying to find that recipe, will pop back in and edit the post if i can dig it up.